Thursday 16 July 2015

Scrap the Boys July Challenge!

Brrrrrrr! It's cold outside (even here in Qld!) Great weather for scrapping though! Today I am here to share my take on this month's Scrap the Boys challenge, which is a fabulous mood board that looks like this...


I loved the rich, warm tones of this board, and I was also inspired by the abstract painting and arrows.
Here is what I came up with...

{Paper by Basic Grey; Project Life pocket cards}

I used my Dylusions ink sprays watered down to create the watercolour effect on my background, then topped it with some stamped acrylic paint and a few splatters for good measure. I then added some D-lish Scraps washi tapes, which I tore into strips. The cute arrow paperclip is by Freckled Fawn and also from D-lish Scraps (HERE)


I added a Cocoa Vanilla Studio flair and wood veneer pieces (all from the "Flying High"collection). The wood veneer pieces were coloured using a marker - don't they look awesome in red? 


A couple of "squiggles" of D-lish Scraps coloured wire and some Burdy's Embellies foam chevies (not shown below) were the final finishing touches.


I hope this mood board inspires you as much as it did me! Don't forget you have until the end of the month to get your entries linked up on the Scrap the Boys blog
Happy scrapping! X

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Love it sue.

Amanda Baldwin said...

I love scraping the everyday moments - they're always so overlooked and yet so important! Love your design and those CVS embellies too ;) Awesome creating as always!

Lizzyc said...

This looks wonderful! Cute photo and love the colors on your background! And yes been quite cold up here! Keep warm..

Jasmine S said...

Loooove this Sue. Beautiful use of the colours and those little boys, too cute.