Wednesday 13 August 2014

A layout for for Off the Rails!

Just popping in today to share a layout I created for Off the Rails that was inspired by this month's challenge. August's challenge features a gorgeous mood palette with sketch, and despite it not being my turn to create a sample, I couldn't resist being inspired by it!

Here's what I came up with...

{Papers by Kaisercraft; Basic Grey & Glitz Designs; Alphas by American Crafts & Basic Grey;
Transparency by Hambly Screen Prints; floral vine by Prima from Wild About Scrap}

Here's what the mood board looks like...

{There is also a sketch available for this challenge, you will find it HERE}

Initially it was the colour combo that had me reaching for my supplies, but the flower photo caught my eye and had me searching for my own nature image (plus it provided the perfect excuse to use flowers on my layout! hehe) I also took the opportunity to use up some of my "vintage" stash for this layout - you have to love that!

Here's a couple of close-ups...

{That stunning feature bloom is from Manorhouse Creations; flair button by Flutterby Designs}

{Assorted flowers including Prima Princess Fairytale flowers from Wild About Scrap
and other blooms from D-lish Scraps}

I hope you find this month's challenge as inspiring as I did. There is a fabulous stamp set from Lawn Fawn up for grabs this month, so don't forget to visit the Off the Rails blog for all the challenge details, more inspiration from the DT or to link up your entry. Happy scrapping! X

2 comments:

Heather McMahon said...

Kapow! This one caught my eye for sure! Love the colours - a perfect page!

Unknown said...

love your take on the color palette! This sure is stunning!