Monday 4 April 2011

I have a good excuse!

I know, I know, absent without blogging again, BUT I have a good excuse! Last week I was away for almost a week, when I travelled all the way from the Sunshine Coast in Qld to Mount Gambier in SA (via Melbourne). The reason for my trip was that my best scrappy friend Vicki (owner of Scrapbooking Top 50) turned 30. Her husband Matt & I cooked up a devious plan that saw me arrive on Vicki's doorstep as a TOTAL surprise!!! It was the first time we had ever 'met' and she had no idea I was coming, so I don't feel too badly that the after the flowers I was 'delivering' were handed over she almost shut the door in my face...LOL Once the penny dropped that is was ME, there was much excited hugging, kissing and jumping up and down.

Here's a pic of us visiting the famous 'Blue Lake' (we'd known each other officially several hours by now)...


But poor Vicki, the surprises weren't stopping there! On Friday night her cousin Shaz (who happens to be another Top 50 member) drove down to see her for her birthday weekend. She arrived late and we went out to greet her and out of the car stepped Anthea (the 3rd member of our Top 50 DT). Vicki had no idea she was coming either, and it was the first time I had met either of the girls in person, so it was another round of hugging, kissing and jumping up and down...LOL

Here's me with the gorgeous Ant...


Saturday was scrappy day (or so Vicki thought...LOL) and we all headed over to the home of the newest member of the Handmade By Suzanne DT, Charm. Along with my fellow HBS DT member Charm, I also got to meet her mum Bronny in person, and also found a new scrappy friend in Jodie. Here's the scrappy crew...


BUT, (poor Vicki) the surprises weren't stopping there! Unknown to her, the scrap day at Charm's was the perfect ruse to get her away from the house...while they set up her surprise birthday party!!! LOL We arrived back at Vicki's house to the sight of her husband Matt pacing around saying 'look at the time' so she would think we were running late to get ready to go out for dinner...hehe Matt walked over to the shed, pulled back the door and "SURPRISE' - out jumped lots of Vicki's family and friends. Another great moment!!! I also got to catch up with fellow Top 50 member (and another Mt G local), Treens.

Here's the 'Top 50' crew...

Vicki & I...


The SBT50 DT...


And again (OK, a few drinks had been had by some of us by this stage)...



I had a fantastic time meeting so many of my scrappy friends in person and am so thankful to Vicki & Matt for letting a 'stranger' into their home to stay. Perhaps next time we all catch up I might actually be scrapping...not just drinking!!! LOL

I have to also put in a special mention for my gorgeous man, who not only paid for my portion of the trip, but also took annual leave to stay home and look after Brielle and take care of the house for me. It was a gold-star performance too - I arrived home to a happy, healthy pair and a clean house! Thanks babe!

Love you all! XXX

2 comments:

Jasmine S said...

Sue that just sounds awesome. What a great weekend. Love your pics and the story along the way.

Paula said...

LOL sounds like an extremely fun weekend...so brilliant you all got together! What a fab surprise :)