Wednesday 2 March 2011

I'm still here!!!

Yes, I'm still here and although the past week hasn't been as scrappy as I would have liked, I did manage to get a bit done. (Unfortunately some of it is secret squirrel stuff though, so will have to wait!) A couple of things I can share though is this card, that I did for the February 'Dare' challenge at SBT50. The criteria given to the DT were edge punching / tearing; red; something fabric (of course I used one of my own Lovelybug Bits n Bobs buttons) and something 'shimmery'. I took the opportunity to create a card for my BIL's 40th next week...


I also managed to complete Vicki's February Challenge @ SBT50, which was a sketch challenge. Besides using the sketch, we also had to include lots of journalling and at least one heart. I decided to use the sketch and turn it into a 8.5x11" LO, and instead of journalling a story, I included a recipe...


I decided to keep it simple and created the LO using some left-over Imaginisce 'Cottage Christmas' pps, my fave 'Patchwork' fabric Thickers, a My Minds Eye brad and a machine stitched a border. And although I usually hate to look at my own handwriting, I figured Brielle will treasure this LO more in years to come if the recipe was handwritten.

No comments: